Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another age difference...

So I really love my new shoes. $50 at Aldo, and I never spend money like that on shoes...but these ones just called to me. They look like low top converse styles sneakers. Gray. The white parts faux stained grayish and they have multi-colored and layered patches all over them. Basically I paid $50 for a pair of pre-destroyed shoes. Currently im also wearing a pair of Jeans that have small rips-I'm not a huge fan of the extremely ripped jeans-stains and small unreadable script on them. Now my uncle asked me why I liked these clothes so much, but then we got into a conversation about how much he and my dad loved thier denim jackets. They fondness for the clothes only deepend when they were covered in holes and patches and were fraying on the edges. I whole heartedly feel that most of this fondness is aquired by the memories created while getting thier clothes ripped but why do they get so angry when we spend $10-15 more on a pair of jeans that are pre-"worn". I don't understand why parents are so worried about my jeans being ripped, when they wore ripped jeans when they were a teenager...Man it blows my mind...

No comments: